AMC Eye Clinic staff includes ophthalmologists who carry out primary routine eye care - regular and comprehensive eye examinations to identify common abnormal vision complaints such as myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism and also preventive eye care. The Clinic will also staff specialists who are national leaders in treating glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, eye tumors and other diseases.
Vision research in the Negev has shown that a high percentage of immigrants, most of whom live in Ashdod, and especially the elderly, suffer from a variety of vision problems. Some of these can be reversed, others treated and managed.
The Eye Clinic will bring together ophthalmologists ranked among the finest in Israel, assisted by a specially trained and highly experienced team of nurses. Together, they will employ a refined and flexible approach to deliver high quality ophthalmic care. The Eye Clinic will operate with exceptional efficiency using innovative methods, while providing patients with the optimum attention that is required for outpatient procedures, extended follow-up care or emergency treatment.
As part of community care, our staff will be specially trained to deal with the unique ophthalmic ailments of Ashdod's significant immigrant population. Vision research in the Negev has shown that a high percentage of immigrants, especially the elderly, suffer from a variety of vision problems. Some of these can be reversed, others treated and managed.
AMC patients will receive the expert care of ophthalmologists equipped with the latest in diagnostic and surgical technologies, while benefiting from the ease and convenience of an efficient outpatient facility. Eye services will be comprehensive and include:
- cataract removal,
- glaucoma correction,
- retinal surgeries,
- management of chronic corneal diseases,
- evaluation and treatment of ocular disease,
- vision and nutrition,
- vision and sports,
- ophthalmic surgery,
- community outreach: vision screening (schools, nursing and residential settings, sheltered housing, day care centers, public health fairs),
- plastic surgery for correction of droopy lids, aberrant eyelashes, blocked tear ducts and orbital trauma,
- treatment of patients with vitreo-retinal disease such as retinal detachments or advanced diabetic retinopathy,
- complete pre-operative and post-operative care, as well as patient education, will be provided by our skilled nursing staff.
As a designated eye trauma center, the Eye Clinic will deliver 24-hour-a-day care for penetrating, chemical, and other eye injuries, with "fast-track" assessment and treatment. As required, we will consult with neurologists, plastic surgeons, otolaryngologists, and social workers to address the patient's complete needs during these episodes of acute care.